Processes are the building blocks that define everyday operations in all organizations, including healthcare organizations. All organizations run on processes, so the work of analyzing a department, a team, or even the entire organization starts with an analysis of the underlying processes.
In this course, you will analyze processes where the input and processing rates are fixed and have no variability. You will investigate the basic tools of process analysis, starting with the process flow diagram and ending with the performance measures of the process. You will create a flow diagram of a system or process in your own organization, and finally, you will identify and quantify the effects of the bottlenecks in that system or process and propose strategies to manage them.
- Mid-career healthcare professionals
- Physicians transitioning into a managerial role
- Nurses and nurse practitioners taking on management responsibilities
- Healthcare policy professionals looking to transition into operations management
- Business management professionals/MBA students who wish to specialize in healthcare operations
- Customer-facing managers in government agencies
- Anyone whose staff or unit is responsible for providing a consistent and high level of service