What is entrepreneurial thinking?
Entrepreneurial thinking is the ability to see possibilities in marketplaces and devise feasible strategies to capitalize on them. Entrepreneurial thinking is one of the foundations to be the best leader and intrapreneur. Having an entrepreneurial perspective is not always innate. It can be developed and improved.
Why must you be keen on entrepreneurial thinking as an employee?
You might think that the entrepreneurial thinking skill is only for business owners. That is a misconception. This skill helps everyone who is looking to fast-track their careers. When employees have entrepreneurial thinking, they are more creative, responsible, and go the extra mile. In a broader perspective, with entrepreneurial thinking, you stand out in the following ways:
• Staying ahead of others at work
• Being more flexible at work
• Tackling competition deftly
• Identifying problems quickly and providing timely solutions
• Enabling a high degree of adapting to everchanging competitive business landscapes
• Being more proactive in creating a positive work environment
How can you improve on your entrepreneurial thinking skill not only for your company but for yourself?
Since you know now that an entrepreneurial skill is not an inherent trait, the following tips can help you develop and improve this key capability:
– Love your job. Be passionate and dynamic at your workplace. If you find your mind wandering about how you would rather work elsewhere, consider shifting industry/department/company where your experience and expertise can be leveraged better.
– Take risks. Pitch in a new idea or initiate endeavors that are out of your comfort zone. Start small though. Before long, that nod of approval from executives can evolve into a promotion.
– Dream big. Entrepreneurial thinking requires boundlessness. So, suppress the conditioning to be practical and realistic and explore the endless possibilities.
Cleverism has published an article that elaborated on how entrepreneurial thinking is an essential part of a successful organization.
To further amplify the spirit of entrepreneurship for your organization by the means of entrepreneurial thinking, you can take the step of upskilling. Genashtim is proud to offer Intrapreneurship in collaboration with eCornell, Cornell University’s online learning platform
eCornell courses are approved by SkillsFuture Singapore for SkillsFuture Credit as well as by HRD Corp Malaysia under its SBL-Khas scheme.